Old Art Building, Leland , MI
Spend a full day immersed in colorful, vibrant and happy blooms. Using acrylic, we’ll start with two different and dynamic underpaintings, that will be the basis for some unexpected, happy accidents. Then we’ll sketch our flowers on top of the colorful starts, using different perspectives and changes in scale to keep things interesting. And then finally, we’ll be painting the flowers in layers on each of the paintings, creating some dynamic and exciting, floral works of art. Beginners are welcome! Don’t forget your lunch…you’ll need the energy for this fun, fast moving class.
Click here for more information or Call the Old Art Building to reserve your spot! (231) 256-2131
* 2 substrates- watercolor paper, panel or canvas. If using paper, pre-prime it with gesso so the paint won’t sink into it. Size suggestions- no smaller than 12x12 no bigger than 24 x24. They don’t have to be the same size.
* Acrylic paint and palette- Bring your favorites- I use Golden Fluid, but any acrylic will do. Minimum colors- White, yellow, blue and red. A warm and a cool of each primary works well.
* Brushes- A variety of sizes. Make sure one is at least an inch wide. (Hardware store bristle brushes are fine.
* water containers (2) I use small buckets
* white chalk
* sharpened pencil
* paper towel
* flower reference photos
* pastels (oil or soft or both)
* colored pencils
If you have any questions at all- please call or email Lauren: email@example.com or 248-321-8017