"Distractions and Diversions"
12 x 12
acrylic on canvas (framed)
Was delighted to hear that "Distractions and Diversions" received a prize in the Crystal Lake Art Center's
All Media Show! The reception is the 11th, and I'll be there with bells on. :)
I submitted 2 paintings... the second one ("It's Complicated"
) got "declined"... which was a lot easier to shrug off since I won a prize with the other one... LOL
I'm usually quite philosophical about entering shows and try to remember the following~I consider it a success if I:
- fill out the form correctly
- have color corrected, great photographs of the painting
- select the best 2-3 available paintings that look good together
- get all the labels in the right places
- get the jpg's the correct size
- get the jpg's labeled correctly
- have everything in or postmarked by the deadline
- just having the "ca-hones" to enter a juried show at all!
After that... It's out of my hands.... so fogetahboutit!
Having been a juror before, I know what a difficult job it is. Jurors are most often artists themselves.... They know how each person will feel when they get their results. It ain't easy to curate a show. Remember, the juror will be judged by every person that entered! They are either brilliant or a horses patoot, depending on how they filled out your jury results form!So....My sage advice....
Try not to get too amped if you get in, let alone receive a prize...
so then on the flip side...
When the inevitable "declined" letters come... you can be Scarlett O'Hara~
"After all.... tomorrow is another day!"